Tsurukawa-juku was located just across the Tsuru River from Uenohara-juku. The post station was founded in 1713, and most of the houses in the village operated as inns.
The main lodging (honjin) no longer exists; however, each household maintains the name of a lodging, which we can see on their doorplates. An administrative office that helped manage the post station (toiyaba/ tonyaba) partially remain, and these show us the atmosphere of the time.


Let's go to the next spot!