Suimei-ro consists of the main living quarters for the high priest, a guest room, and a drawing room. It was destroyed by fire in 1829, and rebuilt in 1835. However, it burned down again in 1875. Finally, the Reception Hall of the Nishitani Shimizu-bo Temple was relocated here. This building is thought to have been the second residence of the Konoike Family. The current building was rebuilt in 1980. In the large hall are 16 paintings on sliding wooden doors by Kayama Matazo, whose work adorns the ceiling of the Kuon-ji Temple main hall. The front garden is a water garden with ponds (which represent the true teachings of Buddha) and fountains (chisen teien) based on the garden style with Horai-to Island (a place to pray for eternal youth), Tsuru-shima Island (island of the crane to pray for long life for Buddha), and Kame-shima Island (island of the tortoise to pray for long life for Buddha). It was registered as a Minobu Town Cultural Property. Each item in the garden has a Buddhist meaning.


Let's go to the next spot!